- Mini Post Balustrade Kits
- Balustrade Handrail Kits
- Slotted Mini Rail (3.6m) for 12mm Glass
Slotted Mini Rail (3.6m) for 12mm Glass
3.6m STAINLESS STEEL SLOTTED MINI RAIL (for 12mm Glass)
3.6 METRE – STAINLESS STEEL MINI RAIL 25 x 21mm GRADE 316 Stainless Steel SATIN OR MIRROR POLISHED – FOR 12MM GLASS
A great cost saving solution for frameless balustrade systems. Allows to frameless balustrade without laminated toughened glass meet safety and building requirements by adding a low profile rail with the minimal visual impact. Glass mounted gasket supplied to use with 12mm glass.
The rail is made from the recommended grade stainless steel for outdoor use known as Grade 316. It is ideal to use in outdoor environments and if your using the rail near coastal areas we recommend a Mirror Polished finish which stops sea salt contamination.
The small 25 x 21mm square profile allows for a minimal visual impact on your glass balustrade installation. Providing additional strength, keeps frameless glass panels aligned and assures certain balustrade designs meet building regulations, when used with sheets of toughened (un-laminated) glass. No silicone or adhesives needed to secure the rail to the glass.
|Dimensions||360 × 3 × 2 cm|
Mirror Polished, Satin Polished
|Number of Cuts|
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
To fix the handrail to the balustrade glass we recommend you have a rubber mallet, masking tape, craft knife or Stanley knife, a bottle of washing liquid and a spray bottle with water to hand.
- Align you glass panels and secure them in your chosen frameless balustrade fittings. If using the Mini Post systems we suggest you secure the panels but do not fully tighten the Tile-Lock system until the handrail is installed.
- Measure your run requiring the handrail. Use this measurement to cut the 12mm glass gasket supplied, but we suggest you over-size the gasket length as this can be trimmed after installation.
- Place the gasket over the top of the balustrade glass. Use small strips of masking tape to secure the gasket in place to make sure it does not move away from the top of the glass.
- Place some washing up liquid inside the slotted profile of the handrail. Use your finger to evenly spread this out along the length of the handrail.
- Spray a bit of water from a spray bottle over the full length of gasket that is on top of the glass.
- Starting from one end, press the handrail down over the gasket, pushing hard to secure the rail on top of the glass. Use the rubber mallet to persuade the handrail down onto the glass. Reasonable force can be applied by tapping the rail hard so it settles evenly on the glass along the full length of the run. You can always use a piece of corrugated card to protect the rail while firmly hitting the rail top with the mallet, to prevent marking the rail.
- Use the supplied adhesive to attach the end caps or elbows in place, or use the wall flanges to secure the rail back to the wall.
- Run a Stanley or craft knife under the rail to trim off any access rubber gasket and masking tape that is visible, and trim the length of the oversized gasket to size.
- Wipe down the rail using the stainless steel care kit, to clean any residue washing liquid or adhesive from the rail.
- Clean your glass panels using the glass care kit to remove any washing liquid and finger prints from the glass.
24 Hrs Shipping
On Selected Goods
Turn Your Ideas Into Reality
Secured By Sagepay