LAUNCHING THE NEW MINI POST KITS
At Elite Balustrade Systems we look at providing our customers the most cost effective way of purchasing a balustrade solution. Introducing the off-the-shelf Mini Post Balustrade Kit, we are now allowing you to create and design your own balustrade from our selection of fixed sized panels and fittings.
Two ranges of these kits are available:
STYLISH & ECONOMICAL SOLUTION – IDEAL FOR INTERNAL USE AND GROUND LEVEL BALUSTRADE
The Mini-Post frameless glass balustrade is extremely versatile and is suitable for a variety of installations including low level safety railings around a raised decking or patio areas, and for internal use. Using cost effective 10mm thick toughened glass, this system is perfect for windbreaks and low level guarding.
- A stylish yet economical alternative to the channel design, the Mini-Post offers excellent value for a frameless glass balustrade without compromising on quality or safety.
- Instead of an aluminium channel, two glass brackets hold each panel in place. These are manufactured from Marine Grade 2205 Duplex stainless steel which offers superior corrosion resistance in coastal locations, or in areas with high chloride, humidity and pollution levels.
- All our 10mm Glass Mini Post Balustrade & Mini Rail kits are designed to meet required 0.34kN loadings for any domestic requirements such as ground level railing around decking / patio areas and internal railing and are tested/certified to BS6180
STYLISH & STRONG DESIGN – IDEAL FOR USE ON BALCONIES AND ON RAISED AREAS
The frameless Mini-Post balustrade is extremely versatile. Suitable for a variety of installations. This includes raised level safety railings around balconies. Similarly suitable for use on rooftop terraces and any area over 600mm in height.
- A stylish yet economical alternative solution to the channel design. First of all the Mini-Post offers excellent value for a frameless glass balustrade. Furthermore no compromise with quality or safety is achieved.
- Two high strength glass brackets hold each panel in place. These are manufactured from the highest quality Duplex stainless steel. This therefore offers superior corrosion resistance in coastal locations. Consequently this means the product is also suitable for use in areas with high chloride, humidity and pollution levels.
- The 12mm toughened safety glass is used with this design configuration. This is a particular solution used to meet the required domestic loadings of 0.74kN. As a result other users include areas higher that 600mm from ground level such as balconies and roof terraces. All systems are tested and certified to British Standard BS6180 hence meeting domestic building regulations.
- A versatile top mounted design. Suitable for fixing to various surfaces including masonry, stonework, concrete, steel and structural timber.
- The design incorporates a 45mm gap between the floor and the glass that allows for easy drainage.
- Certainly an easy to install choice. No special tools or skill required. Can be fitted by any competent DIY’er and tradesperson. Also we provide a full installation guidance provided with each kit purchased.
- Tilt Lock design allowing for easy glass levelling and installation. Use the supplied Allen key to lock the Tilt Lock mechanism and secure the glass into place.
So our unique Mini-Post Balustrade is the best solution to create a frameless look without interrupting your views.
CUSTOMISE YOUR BALUSTRADE WITH OUR RANGE OF EASY INSTALL HANDRAILS AND PANEL STIFFENERS
Our easy to install slotted Mini Rails, allow you to customise your balustrade, adding strength to your design while meeting building regulation standards. The range of accessories include:
- Slotted Mini Rails with gaskets for 10 & 12mm glass.
- Slotted End Caps
- Mini Rail Wall Flanges
- Various Configurations of Elbows – Fixed angles and adjustable designs
- Glass Stiffeners – strengthens panels when no hand rail is used.
We even offer a cutting service for your railing, so fill in your basket with your kit and accessories and we can cut your railing to your required lengths.
Frameless Mini Post Balustrade Installation
The Mini Post Range of Balustrade can be installed on various different surfaces, with the base mount design being the most flexible and easy install of all our balustrade designs.
Elite Balustrade Systems provide full fitting instruction for each kit, guiding you through your install. The success to any install is preparation. The strength of a balustrade is only as good a what your fitting to, and a strong structural sound substrate is key to a successful install. If work is required to strengthen the substrate, make sure this is carried out prior to starting your install. Suitable substrates include: concrete, masonry, steel, structural timber, blockwork. If the substrate moves prior to install, don’t install the balustrade until remedial work is undertaken.
The key to a successful install is planning. Seek advice when unsure. Use the right tools for the job. Buy new drill bits, screw heads and socket set to enable a quality install. By investing in the right tools, you assure that your balustrade purchase is a good investment that will last for years.
DOWNLOAD MINI POST INFORMATION PACK
Our team at Elite Balustrade Systems are happy to help. Just give us a call on 01254 825594 and we can advise you on your best buying options.
Published: 22nd October 2018
Read All Articles